Re: Firmware for TeraStation with telnet od ssh?

  • Trevor
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3 5:21 AM
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stefan9113"
      <stefan9113@f...> wrote:
      > hello, have somebody a finished Firmware with telnet for the
      > TeraStation. Some guys in Japan have it. At my first test to get in the
      > Terastation, I have destroyed it. And I send it back to Buffalo.
      > thanks a lot
      > Stefan

      If you can get the serial console mod done then it's very easy to add
      OpenSSH to the TeraStation.
    • stefan9113
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3 5:31 AM
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor" <tman_yahoo@t...>
        wrote:
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stefan9113"
        > <stefan9113@f...> wrote:
        > > hello, have somebody a finished Firmware with telnet for the
        > > TeraStation. Some guys in Japan have it. At my first test to get in
        the
        > > Terastation, I have destroyed it. And I send it back to Buffalo.
        > > thanks a lot
        > > Stefan
        >
        > If you can get the serial console mod done then it's very easy to add
        > OpenSSH to the TeraStation.

        Hi, thanks for your answer.
        Is there a HOWTO where I can read what I must do to use the serial
        console.
        by Stefan
      • Trevor
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3 5:35 AM
          <stefan9113@f...> wrote:
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor" <tman_yahoo@t...>
          > wrote:
          > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stefan9113"
          > > <stefan9113@f...> wrote:
          > > > hello, have somebody a finished Firmware with telnet for the
          > > > TeraStation. Some guys in Japan have it. At my first test to get in
          > the
          > > > Terastation, I have destroyed it. And I send it back to Buffalo.
          > > > thanks a lot
          > > > Stefan
          > >
          > > If you can get the serial console mod done then it's very easy to add
          > > OpenSSH to the TeraStation.
          >
          > Hi, thanks for your answer.
          > Is there a HOWTO where I can read what I must do to use the serial
          > console.
          > by Stefan

          http://www.terastation.org/wiki/Serial_console

          You will have to remove SMD components from the board however and it
          will void your warranty.