Firmware for TeraStation with telnet od ssh?

  • stefan9113
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2005
      hello, have somebody a finished Firmware with telnet for the
      TeraStation. Some guys in Japan have it. At my first test to get in the
      Terastation, I have destroyed it. And I send it back to Buffalo.
      thanks a lot
      Stefan
    • Trevor
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stefan9113"
        <stefan9113@f...> wrote:
        > hello, have somebody a finished Firmware with telnet for the
        > TeraStation. Some guys in Japan have it. At my first test to get in the
        > Terastation, I have destroyed it. And I send it back to Buffalo.
        > thanks a lot
        > Stefan

        If you can get the serial console mod done then it's very easy to add
        OpenSSH to the TeraStation.
      • stefan9113
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2005
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor" <tman_yahoo@t...>
          wrote:
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stefan9113"
          > <stefan9113@f...> wrote:
          > > hello, have somebody a finished Firmware with telnet for the
          > > TeraStation. Some guys in Japan have it. At my first test to get in
          the
          > > Terastation, I have destroyed it. And I send it back to Buffalo.
          > > thanks a lot
          > > Stefan
          >
          > If you can get the serial console mod done then it's very easy to add
          > OpenSSH to the TeraStation.

          Hi, thanks for your answer.
          Is there a HOWTO where I can read what I must do to use the serial
          console.
          by Stefan
        • Trevor
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2005
            <stefan9113@f...> wrote:
            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor" <tman_yahoo@t...>
            > wrote:
            > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "stefan9113"
            > > <stefan9113@f...> wrote:
            > > > hello, have somebody a finished Firmware with telnet for the
            > > > TeraStation. Some guys in Japan have it. At my first test to get in
            > the
            > > > Terastation, I have destroyed it. And I send it back to Buffalo.
            > > > thanks a lot
            > > > Stefan
            > >
            > > If you can get the serial console mod done then it's very easy to add
            > > OpenSSH to the TeraStation.
            >
            > Hi, thanks for your answer.
            > Is there a HOWTO where I can read what I must do to use the serial
            > console.
            > by Stefan

            http://www.terastation.org/wiki/Serial_console

            You will have to remove SMD components from the board however and it
            will void your warranty.