JR's Webmin on Debian (was: Debian on Linkstation: fdisk renamed to ddisk)

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28 10:38 AM
      <jronald@c...> wrote:

      > Yes, I've used SWAT. It seems that the Webmin SAMBA module can do
      > everything SWAT can do. Additionally modules for the most popular
      > software and functions are available and development seems to be
      > very active. SWAT does SAMBA well enough but Webmin is a more
      > useful tool over all IMO.

      Ah, this is just the kind of information I (and probably others too)
      were looking for. Thanks.

      > I'm running SID (Unstable) which seems to be stable for me. In fact
      > for Webmin it seems to be lagging a bit.

      Probably once Debian releases Sarge, (I've heard rumors of "by June"),
      then they can get Sid caught up a little bit. There always is a
      little delay with new stuff because there seems to be an honest
      attempt to make sure things work and integrate well into Sid before
      they put it in.