Slimserver

  • gotsprings12
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2004
      Ok...

      Forget tar.
      Forget mv

      Used CuteFtp to get everythng where you guys listed. Now final step I
      try to run slimserver.pl and get this in return...

      bash: ./slimserver.pl: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpereter: Permission denied

      I have this hope that I am close here and just need to change some
      password or permission thing ofr something...

      gotsprings12
    • Roy M. Silvernail
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2004
        On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 04:11 +0000, gotsprings12 wrote:

        > Ok...
        >
        > Forget tar.
        > Forget mv
        >
        > Used CuteFtp to get everythng where you guys listed. Now final step I
        > try to run slimserver.pl and get this in return...
        >
        > bash: ./slimserver.pl: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpereter: Permission denied

        Unpacked with WinZip on a Windows box? You need to go somewhere deep
        into WinZip's config and turn off "Smart EOL" processing, which appended
        ^M to your perl files.
        --
        Roy M. Silvernail is roy@..., and you're not
        "It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2004
          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Roy M. Silvernail"
          <roy@r...> wrote:
          > On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 04:11 +0000, gotsprings12 wrote:
          > >
          > > Ok...
          > >
          > > Forget tar.
          > > Forget mv
          > >
          > > Used CuteFtp to get everythng where you guys listed. Now final
          step I
          > > try to run slimserver.pl and get this in return...
          > >
          > > bash: ./slimserver.pl: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpereter:
          Permission denied

          > Unpacked with WinZip on a Windows box? You need to go somewhere
          deep
          > into WinZip's config and turn off "Smart EOL" processing, which
          appended
          > ^M to your perl files.
          > --
          > Roy M. Silvernail is roy@r..., and you're not
          > "It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT
          > SpamAssassin->procmail->/dev/null->bliss
          > http://www.rant-central.com

          Can I recommend to those who are primarily Windows types who want
          to do enough Linux to get the device working, that you get hold of a
          copy of WinRAR. It understands far more Linux file formats that
          WinZip and supports ISO and bz2 files. It also doesn't mess with line
          endings. If you get Textpad you can edit Linux config files in
          Windows (including /etc/passwd).

          Paul Milligan
          That who I am, a sig would tell you no more.