Re: Pcast for ADStech medialink / accessing an LS share from another LS

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "pcplob" <pcplob@y...> wrote:

      > Is it safe to try to install stuff from (ppc based) deb/ubuntu
      > distros directly onto the standard installed LS one, or does this
      > entail converting the whole thing over to deb/ubuntu?

      No. Ubuntu is too new and therefore too incompatible with what is on
      the LS. Debian Woody is pretty close however. I've run a few things
      from it on the LS just fine. In fact, you should be able to compile
      programs on it too because it uses the same version of GCC.

      Ubuntu is a customized, more up-to-date but much smaller
      semi-commercial (still free) version of Debian "Sid/Testing".