Re: It`s horrible for a Linux newbie

  • balimbabullabe
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18, 2005
      Hi Simon and Andreas,

      I don't know exactly why it should be necessary to restore the
      signature, I simply did it because I thought it was necessary.
      But perhaps the problem is that Andreas didn't umount the partition ?
      Or perhaps the file is not executable ? try a chmod 777
      fix_ext2_magic_back.
      btw: as I'm no linux expert I would be interested in the reason why on
      one hand "normal" kernels can't read the linkstation file system but
      on the other hand linkstation's kernel is able to read it's own
      filesystem without the fix applied ...

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Simon Middleton