Re: Problem Replacing the HD

  • jamy1975
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
      I got it work. I finally had to use your method of conencting the
      linkstation directly to my pc, no hubs or switches between. The
      firmware upgrade succeeded and all is well. Now I just need to go back
      in and hack the new drive for root, and get everything running the way
      I had it on the original 160GB disk.

      Thanks for the assistance.

      Jamy

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jpneflim" <jpneflim@y...>
      wrote:

      > I also set mine to Master. I wanted to write a how to document when I
      > was done but I needed to transfer 120GB of data to my new drive so I
      > forgot some of the steps. Did you enter you adminastrator password
      > when you upgraded the firmware?
      > J Watson
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jamy1975" <jamy@b...>
      wrote:

      > > How did you setup the jumpers on the HD? I have mine set to master.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jpneflim" <jpneflim@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've just installed a Maxtor 300GB in my Linkstation. Heres what I
      > did:
      > > > Plug the Linkstation directly into your PC. Do not go through a
      > router.
      > > > Disable all firewalls you have running including windows.
      > > > At that point do what youve been doing all should be well.
      > > > J Watson
      > > >
      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jamy1975" <jamy@b...>

      > I took

    • lehkui_ong
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2005
        Congrats! Would you mind posting a step-by-step "how-ro" on what you
        have done?

        LK