Re: Need image of first partition of a linkstation drive

  • poetting2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2005
      Hm... That would be very kind of you, but I´m afraid it wouldn´t work.
      Somewhere else in this group I saw a firmware update package, which
      had a size of 36 MB. Even if we subtract 2 MB for the installer as
      such, there´s far more left than only the 4 MB of firmware stored on
      the flash rom. If the update even alters contents on the harddisc, the
      firmware version and version of the content of the harddisc have to be
      exactly the same. Before my "experiment" my firmware revision had been
      1.45 (without telnet client). Guess I have to send the Linkstation to
      Buffalo :-(
      By the way: my Linkstation (160 GB) had 4 partitions. The three that
      you mentioned and an only a few MBs sized ext3-partition. Next time I
      start my Linux-PC I will take a closer look if there´s anything stored
      in it. Now I´ve got nothing to lose ;-)

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe"