Kurobox & LinkStation

  • bubba
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2005

      Quick question.... do the Kuroboxes have better processors and/or RAM than LinkStations, or is the hardware the same?
    • born_daniel
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "bubba" <bubba@c...> wrote:

        > Quick question.... do the Kuroboxes have better processors and/or RAM
        than
        > LinkStations, or is the hardware the same?

        The regular Kurobox is the same as the V1 (PPC) Linkstation.
        The Kurobox HG has a 266MHz CPU (instead of 200MHz), 128MB RAM (instead
        of 64MB) and (of course) 1000Mbps Ethernet (instead of 100Mbps).

        Daniel
      • George Erhart
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15, 2005
          The kiru box does not have the second "front panel" USB port. All of the electronics are there to support one, but the case would need to be modified and the USB connector added. I think there are places on the web that have descriptions of the necessary surgery.

          George Erhart - Avaya Labs