Slimserver + NAS + print server

  • dbossler1
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2004
      When you guys install and run slimserver, can you still use the
      Linkstation as an NAS? How is the performance? What about the print
      server?

      BTW: I haven't installed slimserver yet, but the print server
      performance is already slow. Anyone else have this problem?

      Cheers,
      Dan
    • jamy1975
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2004
        I haven't tried using the linkstation as a file server while
        slimserver is running and serving music to my squeezebox. I don't
        think it will be much of a problem though, when using flac encoded
        files (lossless), the slimserver and flac together never use more than
        50% of the CPU. The remaining 50% available should be plenty of power
        to handle some file requests.

        Jamy

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "dbossler1" <zanbo@c...>