Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: New Hardware of Linkstation 250 - Finally: telnet to new MIPS-based Linkstat

Expand Messages
  • balimbabullabe
    Good news: I managed to put telnet on the new Linkstation that s based on a MIPS cpu. If 10 posters tell me they need a detailed description I will make one
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 10 9:09 AM
    • 0 Attachment
      Good news: I managed to put telnet on the new Linkstation that's based
      on a MIPS cpu.

      If 10 posters tell me they need a detailed description I will make one
      and put it online. Just to save me work, if noone needs this I can do
      other things ;-)
    • Jonathan Schott
      ... No. 1 ... Germany but for future purchases, perhaps with 2.xx firmware, I m very interested in your efforts! Best regards, Jonathan
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 10 9:17 AM
      • 0 Attachment
        balimbabullabe schrieb:
        >
        > Good news: I managed to put telnet on the new Linkstation that's based
        > on a MIPS cpu.
        >
        > If 10 posters tell me they need a detailed description I will make one
        > and put it online. Just to save me work, if noone needs this I can do
        > other things ;-)

        No. 1

        :-) Right now, I only got Linkstations with the 1.xx firmware here in
        Germany but for future purchases, perhaps with 2.xx firmware, I'm very
        interested in your efforts!

        Best regards,
        Jonathan
      • Scott Leighton
        ... I don t even own the mips version of LS, but I know I d like to know how it s done. I m sure there s at least 9 others that want to know too. Scott --
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 10 9:18 AM
        • 0 Attachment
          On Sunday 10 April 2005 9:09 am, balimbabullabe wrote:
          > Good news: I managed to put telnet on the new Linkstation that's based
          > on a MIPS cpu.
          >
          > If 10 posters tell me they need a detailed description I will make one
          > and put it online. Just to save me work, if noone needs this I can do
          > other things ;-)
          >

          I don't even own the mips version of LS, but I know I'd like
          to know how it's done. I'm sure there's at least 9 others
          that want to know too.

          Scott

          --
          POPFile, the OpenSource EMail Classifier
          http://popfile.sourceforge.net/
          Linux 2.6.8-24.14-default x86_64
        • bmwbiker0569
          No 2 Hello, I want to know, how you get it to work, because I m from Germany and I can get only LS with the 2.xx Firmware to buy. Many thanks bmwbiker69
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 10 9:53 AM
          • 0 Attachment
            No 2

            Hello,

            I want to know, how you get it to work, because I'm from Germany and I
            can get only LS with the 2.xx Firmware to buy.

            Many thanks

            bmwbiker69





            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe"
            <balimbabullabe@y...> wrote:
            >
            > Good news: I managed to put telnet on the new Linkstation that's based
            > on a MIPS cpu.
            >
            > If 10 posters tell me they need a detailed description I will make one
            > and put it online. Just to save me work, if noone needs this I can do
            > other things ;-)
          • Simon Middleton
            ... Well I have a new LS andn although it looks your previous posts have the important info required I m sure I d benefit from the detailed HOWTO. Ta. --
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 10 9:54 AM
            • 0 Attachment
              balimbabullabe wrote:
              >
              > Good news: I managed to put telnet on the new Linkstation that's based
              > on a MIPS cpu.
              >
              > If 10 posters tell me they need a detailed description I will make one
              > and put it online. Just to save me work, if noone needs this I can do
              > other things ;-)

              Well I have a new LS andn although it looks your previous posts have the
              important info required I'm sure I'd benefit from the detailed HOWTO.

              Ta.

              -- Simon.
            • Jonathan Schott
              ... Really? Where did you look/buy? I v just (before 2 weeks) bought my second LS at computeruniverse.net - still the old 1.xx hardware. Regards, Jonathan
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 10 9:59 AM
              • 0 Attachment
                bmwbiker0569 schrieb:
                > I want to know, how you get it to work, because I'm from Germany and I
                > can get only LS with the 2.xx Firmware to buy.
                >

                Really? Where did you look/buy? I'v just (before 2 weeks) bought my
                second LS at computeruniverse.net - still the old 1.xx hardware.

                Regards,
                Jonathan
              • balimbabullabe
                I m German too and I got a Linkstation with firmware 2.02 just this week.
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 10 10:26 AM
                • 0 Attachment
                  I'm German too and I got a Linkstation with firmware 2.02 just this week.

                  --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Schott
                  <jonathan@s...> wrote:
                  > balimbabullabe schrieb:
                  > >
                  > > Good news: I managed to put telnet on the new Linkstation that's based
                  > > on a MIPS cpu.
                  > >
                  > > If 10 posters tell me they need a detailed description I will make one
                  > > and put it online. Just to save me work, if noone needs this I can do
                  > > other things ;-)
                  >
                  > No. 1
                  >
                  > :-) Right now, I only got Linkstations with the 1.xx firmware here in
                  > Germany but for future purchases, perhaps with 2.xx firmware, I'm very
                  > interested in your efforts!
                  >
                  > Best regards,
                  > Jonathan
                • balimbabullabe
                  I bought it last week in Germany from a company called mercateo. But I think they only deliver to business customers and not privateers. ... and I
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 10 10:27 AM
                  • 0 Attachment
                    I bought it last week in Germany from a company called mercateo. But I
                    think they only deliver to business customers and not privateers.

                    --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Schott
                    <jonathan@s...> wrote:
                    > bmwbiker0569 schrieb:
                    > > I want to know, how you get it to work, because I'm from Germany
                    and I
                    > > can get only LS with the 2.xx Firmware to buy.
                    > >
                    >
                    > Really? Where did you look/buy? I'v just (before 2 weeks) bought my
                    > second LS at computeruniverse.net - still the old 1.xx hardware.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Jonathan
                  • whodiini3
                    I for one wouldlike to know. THX ... based ... one
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 10 12:25 PM
                    • 0 Attachment
                      I for one wouldlike to know.

                      THX



                      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe"
                      <balimbabullabe@y...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Good news: I managed to put telnet on the new Linkstation that's
                      based
                      > on a MIPS cpu.
                      >
                      > If 10 posters tell me they need a detailed description I will make
                      one
                      > and put it online. Just to save me work, if noone needs this I can do
                      > other things ;-)
                    • cherrytreeproduction
                      I want to know how it works, too.... i think there are enough who need this info...so please do a detailed descripton.... THX
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 11 12:07 AM
                      • 0 Attachment
                        I want to know how it works, too....

                        i think there are enough who need this info...so please do a detailed
                        descripton....

                        THX

                        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "whodiini3"
                        <whodiini@g...> wrote:
                        >
                        > I for one wouldlike to know.
                        >
                        > THX
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe"
                        > <balimbabullabe@y...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Good news: I managed to put telnet on the new Linkstation that's
                        > based
                        > > on a MIPS cpu.
                        > >
                        > > If 10 posters tell me they need a detailed description I will make
                        > one
                        > > and put it online. Just to save me work, if noone needs this I can do
                        > > other things ;-)
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.