What exactly can I do?

  • wedgemusic
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2005
      I want to thank everyone for all the information they have provided
      thus far. My question is this: what useful things can I do with a
      hacked Linkstation? The only thing that appears useful to me is
      upgrading the Samba version. I'm not really interested in any sort of
      streaming media servers as I am running Xbox Media Center (XBMC) on my
      Xbox. Thank you again!
    • balimbabullabe
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2005
        you could for example install mldonkey on the system and have the
        linkstation download files for you without you having your desktop pc
        switched on all day.
        Or you could allow ssh logins from outside or run some ssl based vpn
        which allows you to access your network from outside.
        At least this what I plan to do ;-)

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "wedgemusic"
        <wedgemusic@y...> wrote:

        > I want to thank everyone for all the information they have provided
        > thus far. My question is this: what useful things can I do with a
        > hacked Linkstation? The only thing that appears useful to me is
        > upgrading the Samba version. I'm not really interested in any sort of
        > streaming media servers as I am running Xbox Media Center (XBMC) on my
        > Xbox. Thank you again!
      • jacaciodebarros
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2005
          I'm curious. Do you know how to install mldonkey? Does it work? How did you install it?

          Acacio

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "balimbabullabe" <balimbabullabe@y...>