Dog slow reads by Windows 2000 system compared to Windows XP

  • g_erhart
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2005
      I have a Kurobox (not a LinkStation)that is running the vanilla
      kurobox load, with the English web pages added. For all of my Windows
      XP systems, the network transfer rates are quick and snappy, but I
      have one Windows 2000 system that takes 10 times longer to do the
      same transactions. Does anyone know of some tuning hints for the
      Windows 2000 system to get better performance. (Or is my only hope to
      ditch the Win2K and switch that system to XP?)

      George