Firmware Upgrade on 'OLD' Linkstation 250

  • backshall
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8 9:00 AM
      Hi all

      First timer - so sorry - I've searched but not found any definitive
      answer on this.

      Can I upgrade the firmware on my LS250 to 2.x? If so any benefits
      (speed, stability etc.)- I am currently running 1.46.

      I use the LS250 as a NAS for my DVDs which I stream througha device
      called a Photobridge from Rokulabs. I copy the ripped DVDs from my PC
      to the LS over a WiFi connection and often get a ....path too deep
      error when copying - any ideas? Is the LS sleeping or going offline?

      Any help much appreciated.
      Cheers
      Tim
    • jceklosk
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8 9:16 AM
        From my understanding...if you have a 1.X based machine you CANNOT
        update to an 2.X firmware. Each are based on different hardware:
        powerPC vs. MIPS.

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "backshall"