Re: SlimServer 6.0 - Installation Issues

  • born_daniel
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
      Many of these issues have been discussed and resolved in the past.
      Your best resource is the "Search" button in this group... ;-)

      See here:

      Daniel

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "bubba" <bubba@c...>
      wrote:

      > Let everyone know if you make any progress.... I've been tearing my
      hair out
      > trying to get 6.0 running for a while now!

      Issues

      > where can i get perl 5.8?
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "scottnasello"
      > <trash@s...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I tried 2 different nightly betas & both of them complain about
      > > storable.pm as well as Columngrouper.pm, DBI.pm, to name a few. I
      > am
      > > running perl 5.6.1
      > >
      > > any thoughts?
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "rod_tucker"
      > > <rod_tucker@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "bubba" <bubba@c...>

      > > LinkStation?
      > > > I'm
      > > no
      > > > matter
      > > dependent

      > success,
      > > and
      > > > I've
      > ideas?

      > > > I had exactly the same problem when I tried this about a week
      > ago.
      > > > eventually gave up on Slimserver 6 and tried the the daily
      > updated
      > > beta
      > > > version instead. It loaded OK and works just fine.
      > > >
      > > > Rod Tucker
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Marc D. Field
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
        On 04/05/2005 01:59 AM, scottnasello wrote:
        > where can i get perl 5.8?

        Hi,

        You can get Perl 5.8 from my site,
        <http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html>. I'm not sure why
        things aren't working for some people. I'm using the release version of
        SlimServer 6 with no problems.

        One question: for those upgrading from SlimServer 5.4, are you deleting
        or moving the old SlimServer directory before installing SlimServer 6?
        Or just extracting the new SlimServer files over an existing
        installation? You need to do the former. Something like this:

        mv /mnt/slimserver /mnt/slimserver-old (where /mnt/slimserver represents
        the full path to your existing slimserver directory)

        tar xzvf /mnt/share/slimserver-6-download.tar.gz (where
        mnt/slimserver-6-download.tar.gz represents the full path to the
        downloaded slim 6 file)

        mv /mnt/share/SlimServer6 /mnt/slimserver (where /mnt/share/SlimServer6
        represents the full path to the directory that's created as a result of
        extracting the downloaded file)

        If you created a directory to hold the data files, then I'd make a copy
        of that as well, in case you do need to go back to slim 5.4. Something
        like this:

        cp -r /mnt/slim-data /mnt/slim-data-old

        Then I'd kill the 5.4 Slimserver process (ps -A; then kill n, where n is
        the process number for Slimserver...or just reboot). Then start the new
        slimserver.

        Marc
      • scottnasello
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005