Re: Linkstation and slimserver - idiots guide??

  • jamy1975
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 5, 2004
      I've posted a slimserver how to in the files section. Try that, and
      post if youneed any help with it.

      Jamy

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <paul@l...> wrote:

      > Like David, I'm in the same position. I have been trawling through
      > all of the posts and can't find really the best place to start.
      >
      > All I want to do is run Slimserver on my Linkstation so I can access
      > all of my MP3 files from my Squeezeboxes.
      >
      > Any help is very greatly received.
      >
      > Paul
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "david6736"
      > <dave.ampaw@b...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks people - I am starting completely from scratch - new
      > linkstation and no root
      > > access as yet.
      > >
      > > I want support for AAC,WAV,Mp3 and Ogg files. See from the forums
      > that I read different
      > > people have different levels of sucess with getting certain types
      > of files to run which I cant
      > > understand given that essentially the Linkstation is a consumer
      > devices and (apart from
      > > firmware) should be identical in every case?
      > >
      > > Again if anyone can produce the idiots guide they'd be bery
      > popular!
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jamy1975" <jamy@b...>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I can help you a bit. I finally got slimserver working on mine
      > after
      > > > many tries. I will tell you, that if you are wanting support for
      > > > anything other than mp3 and wav files, I have not been able to
      > get it
      > > > working as of yet. I am working on it though.
      > > >
      > > > Jamy
      > > >
      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Mr Sam Weiss

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2004
        Ok I have got Root access to the box now and I have renamed my Perl
        directory but when I get to the next stage i.e. Un-TAR'ing the Kuro
        Perl file it comes back with an error.

        I am using a WinXP machine to do all of this on and I am copying the
        files to the share directory and then moving them to the root to
        unpack. I am guessing that there is a problem when I have moved the
        files from WinXP to the box.

        Any ideas??

        Thanks

        Paul