Latest firmware and language problems

  • sygyzy_nbr
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2005

      First post here. Just bought a 160GB LinkStation. Two questions:

      1. If I am not interested in (yet) hacking the LS, what is the
      firmware I should be running. I realize this is a matter of opinion
      but surely there must be some sort of agreed on best firmware. And if
      I have 2.0+, there's no hope of ever downgrading? Why would I want to?

      2. Does Buffalo have any sort of QA at all? The applications and web
      interface are horrendous. It takes an extra 5 seconds for every task
      trying to figure out their dialogs, menus, and buttons. I assume it's
      a Japanese company? So is Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, etc and their
      stuff is at least proofread. :( I guess that's more of a rant than a
      question :)