OpenSSH of kuro binaries vulnerable?

  • haberschnasel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2005
      Dear all,

      I installed SSH from the Kuro Binaries, following the Advisory in the
      "files" section, on my LS and all works fine. However, there was this
      ugly vulnerability reported last year (and maybe others reported
      earlier): http://www.openssh.com/txt/buffer.adv

      Some of you might know (I am a Linux newbie):

      - The Kuro binaries are v3.0.2p1, so we are vulnerable, right? This
      would not be too great because there is an exploit around...

      - Is there an updated Kuro bin package available? If not, where do I
      find suitable binaries, or how do I have to compile / extract those I
      find at openssh.org such that they end up in their proper directories?

      Thanks for any help!