Re: How to -> Firmware-Version and Hardware?

  • Jonathan Schott
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31 5:46 AM
      bmwbiker0569 schrieb:
      > but how to get the Hardware-specs. from the box?
      > OR..... how to get Access to the LS with newest Firmware 2.02 to turn
      > it into a KUROBOX ?

      A box with 1.4x firmware (my recently purchased boxes here in Germany at
      computeruniverse.net were both shipped with a 1.44 firmware) can most
      likely be converted to a kuro box. With 2.xx firmwares/revisions I have
      no experience, seems a little bit harder (getting root access with
      internal serial connector, etc.) or impossible... :-(

      Regards,
      Jonathan
    • zju33173
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31 6:08 AM

        ich habe vor einigen Tagen über www.ble-computer.de eine
        bestellt, die 1.44 Firmware enthielt. Normalerweise sieht
        man im Status des Web-Config, welche Version enthalten ist.

        Grüße

        JZ

        PS: Welche BMW fährst'n?

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "bmwbiker0569"
        <bmwbiker@t...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > i`m from Germany and my english is not really good......
        >
        > I want to buy a Link-Station, but - in front of buying - i had to
        know,
        > how to display the aktual Firmware-Revision and the Hardware in
        the
        > Linkstation, because i want to put the Linkstation into a Kurobox.
        >
        > You know about The Limitation of the Flash-Memory (It must be the
        > Version with 4 MB!) and i heard about newer Linkstations that
        can`t
        > downgrade to Firmware 1.44 from 2.02.
        >
        > Please tell me the comand i have to use if The Linkstation is
        connected
        > by Crossover-Cable to a Windows-XP-PC.
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > bmwbiker0569
      • Dave Kristol
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 31 6:13 AM
          <bmwbiker@t...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > i`m from Germany and my english is not really good......
          >
          > I want to buy a Link-Station, but - in front of buying - i had to know,
          > how to display the aktual Firmware-Revision and the Hardware in the
          > Linkstation, because i want to put the Linkstation into a Kurobox.
          >
          > You know about The Limitation of the Flash-Memory (It must be the
          > Version with 4 MB!) and i heard about newer Linkstations that can`t
          > downgrade to Firmware 1.44 from 2.02.
          >
          > Please tell me the comand i have to use if The Linkstation is connected
          > by Crossover-Cable to a Windows-XP-PC.

          The web interface on the LS will tell you the firmware version
          (Maintenance >> System Status). But of course if you buy a newer LS
          with the 2.x firmware, you cannot (as you say above) put older (1.x)
          firmware on it.

          Dave Kristol
        • Jonathan Schott
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 31 6:22 AM
            zju33173 schrieb:
            > ich habe vor einigen Tagen über www.ble-computer.de eine
            > bestellt, die 1.44 Firmware enthielt. Normalerweise sieht
            > man im Status des Web-Config, welche Version enthalten ist.

            #-) Oh Mann, warum einfach, wenn's auch umständlich geht... (Siehe meine
            Antwort!) *g*

            Gruß,
            Jonathan
          • Paul Milligan (home)
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 31 6:32 AM
              I couldn't have put it better myself!

              zju33173 wrote: I ordered some days ago over www.ble computer.de one, which contained 1,44 firmware. Normally one sees in the status of the Web Config, which version is contained. # -) Oh man, why simply, wenn's also pedantically goes... (see my answer!) * g * Greeting, Jonathan

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 31 6:40 AM
                Paul Milligan (home) schrieb:
                > I couldn't have put it better myself!
                >
                > zju33173 wrote: I ordered some days ago over www.ble computer.de one,
                > which contained 1,44 firmware. Normally one sees in the status of the
                > Web Config, which version is contained. # -) Oh man, why simply, wenn's
                > also pedantically goes... (see my answer!) * g * Greeting, Jonathan

                Sorry for the german intermezzo... :-) Nice translation, by the way!
                ;-)) Babelfish striked again!?!

                Jonathan
              • Paul Milligan (home)
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 31 6:50 AM
                  Thank you for having a sense of  humour ;)

                  You want to see how Bablefish translates Japanese!