Re: How to -> Firmware-Version and Hardware?

  • bmwbiker0569
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31 5:40 AM
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Schott
      <jonathan@s...> wrote:
      > bmwbiker0569 schrieb:
      > >
      > > Please tell me the comand i have to use if The Linkstation is
      connected
      > > by Crossover-Cable to a Windows-XP-PC.
      >
      > You need a original firmware update utility from Buffalo, e.g. the
      > 1.45_13 version. When you are running the utility it will show you
      the
      > current firmware. The links to this firmware can be found somewhere
      in
      > the old messages in this group.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Jonathan

      Thanks for this fast post!

      but how to get the Hardware-specs. from the box?
      OR..... how to get Access to the LS with newest Firmware 2.02 to turn
      it into a KUROBOX ?
    • Jonathan Schott
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31 5:46 AM
        bmwbiker0569 schrieb:
        > but how to get the Hardware-specs. from the box?
        > OR..... how to get Access to the LS with newest Firmware 2.02 to turn
        > it into a KUROBOX ?

        A box with 1.4x firmware (my recently purchased boxes here in Germany at
        computeruniverse.net were both shipped with a 1.44 firmware) can most
        likely be converted to a kuro box. With 2.xx firmwares/revisions I have
        no experience, seems a little bit harder (getting root access with
        internal serial connector, etc.) or impossible... :-(

        Regards,
        Jonathan
      • zju33173
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 31 6:08 AM

          ich habe vor einigen Tagen über www.ble-computer.de eine
          bestellt, die 1.44 Firmware enthielt. Normalerweise sieht
          man im Status des Web-Config, welche Version enthalten ist.

          Grüße

          JZ

          PS: Welche BMW fährst'n?

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "bmwbiker0569"
          <bmwbiker@t...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > i`m from Germany and my english is not really good......
          >
          > I want to buy a Link-Station, but - in front of buying - i had to
          know,
          > how to display the aktual Firmware-Revision and the Hardware in
          the
          > Linkstation, because i want to put the Linkstation into a Kurobox.
          >
          > You know about The Limitation of the Flash-Memory (It must be the
          > Version with 4 MB!) and i heard about newer Linkstations that
          can`t
          > downgrade to Firmware 1.44 from 2.02.
          >
          > Please tell me the comand i have to use if The Linkstation is
          connected
          > by Crossover-Cable to a Windows-XP-PC.
          >
          > Best regards
          >
          > bmwbiker0569
        • Dave Kristol
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 31 6:13 AM
            <bmwbiker@t...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > i`m from Germany and my english is not really good......
            >
            > I want to buy a Link-Station, but - in front of buying - i had to know,
            > how to display the aktual Firmware-Revision and the Hardware in the
            > Linkstation, because i want to put the Linkstation into a Kurobox.
            >
            > You know about The Limitation of the Flash-Memory (It must be the
            > Version with 4 MB!) and i heard about newer Linkstations that can`t
            > downgrade to Firmware 1.44 from 2.02.
            >
            > Please tell me the comand i have to use if The Linkstation is connected
            > by Crossover-Cable to a Windows-XP-PC.

            The web interface on the LS will tell you the firmware version
            (Maintenance >> System Status). But of course if you buy a newer LS
            with the 2.x firmware, you cannot (as you say above) put older (1.x)
            firmware on it.

            Dave Kristol
          • Jonathan Schott
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 31 6:22 AM
              zju33173 schrieb:
              > ich habe vor einigen Tagen über www.ble-computer.de eine
              > bestellt, die 1.44 Firmware enthielt. Normalerweise sieht
              > man im Status des Web-Config, welche Version enthalten ist.

              #-) Oh Mann, warum einfach, wenn's auch umständlich geht... (Siehe meine
              Antwort!) *g*

              Gruß,
              Jonathan
            • Paul Milligan (home)
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 31 6:32 AM
                I couldn't have put it better myself!

                zju33173 wrote: I ordered some days ago over www.ble computer.de one, which contained 1,44 firmware. Normally one sees in the status of the Web Config, which version is contained. # -) Oh man, why simply, wenn's also pedantically goes... (see my answer!) * g * Greeting, Jonathan

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 31 6:40 AM
                  Paul Milligan (home) schrieb:
                  > I couldn't have put it better myself!
                  >
                  > zju33173 wrote: I ordered some days ago over www.ble computer.de one,
                  > which contained 1,44 firmware. Normally one sees in the status of the
                  > Web Config, which version is contained. # -) Oh man, why simply, wenn's
                  > also pedantically goes... (see my answer!) * g * Greeting, Jonathan

                  Sorry for the german intermezzo... :-) Nice translation, by the way!
                  ;-)) Babelfish striked again!?!

                  Jonathan
                • Paul Milligan (home)
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 31 6:50 AM
                    Thank you for having a sense of  humour ;)

                    You want to see how Bablefish translates Japanese!