Re: [LinkStation_General] How to -> Firmware-Version and Hardware?

  • Jonathan Schott
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
      bmwbiker0569 schrieb:

      > Please tell me the comand i have to use if The Linkstation is connected
      > by Crossover-Cable to a Windows-XP-PC.

      You need a original firmware update utility from Buffalo, e.g. the
      1.45_13 version. When you are running the utility it will show you the
      current firmware. The links to this firmware can be found somewhere in
      the old messages in this group.

      Regards,
      Jonathan
    • bmwbiker0569
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Schott
        <jonathan@s...> wrote:
        > bmwbiker0569 schrieb:
        > >
        > > Please tell me the comand i have to use if The Linkstation is
        connected
        > > by Crossover-Cable to a Windows-XP-PC.
        >
        > You need a original firmware update utility from Buffalo, e.g. the
        > 1.45_13 version. When you are running the utility it will show you
        the
        > current firmware. The links to this firmware can be found somewhere
        in
        > the old messages in this group.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Jonathan

        Thanks for this fast post!

        but how to get the Hardware-specs. from the box?
        OR..... how to get Access to the LS with newest Firmware 2.02 to turn
        it into a KUROBOX ?
      • Jonathan Schott
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
          bmwbiker0569 schrieb:
          > but how to get the Hardware-specs. from the box?
          > OR..... how to get Access to the LS with newest Firmware 2.02 to turn
          > it into a KUROBOX ?

          A box with 1.4x firmware (my recently purchased boxes here in Germany at
          computeruniverse.net were both shipped with a 1.44 firmware) can most
          likely be converted to a kuro box. With 2.xx firmwares/revisions I have
          no experience, seems a little bit harder (getting root access with
          internal serial connector, etc.) or impossible... :-(

          Regards,
          Jonathan
        • zju33173
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005

            ich habe vor einigen Tagen über www.ble-computer.de eine
            bestellt, die 1.44 Firmware enthielt. Normalerweise sieht
            man im Status des Web-Config, welche Version enthalten ist.

            Grüße

            JZ

            PS: Welche BMW fährst'n?

            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "bmwbiker0569"
            <bmwbiker@t...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > i`m from Germany and my english is not really good......
            >
            > I want to buy a Link-Station, but - in front of buying - i had to
            know,
            > how to display the aktual Firmware-Revision and the Hardware in
            the
            > Linkstation, because i want to put the Linkstation into a Kurobox.
            >
            > You know about The Limitation of the Flash-Memory (It must be the
            > Version with 4 MB!) and i heard about newer Linkstations that
            can`t
            > downgrade to Firmware 1.44 from 2.02.
            >
            > Please tell me the comand i have to use if The Linkstation is
            connected
            > by Crossover-Cable to a Windows-XP-PC.
            >
            > Best regards
            >
            > bmwbiker0569
          • Dave Kristol
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
              <bmwbiker@t...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > i`m from Germany and my english is not really good......
              >
              > I want to buy a Link-Station, but - in front of buying - i had to know,
              > how to display the aktual Firmware-Revision and the Hardware in the
              > Linkstation, because i want to put the Linkstation into a Kurobox.
              >
              > You know about The Limitation of the Flash-Memory (It must be the
              > Version with 4 MB!) and i heard about newer Linkstations that can`t
              > downgrade to Firmware 1.44 from 2.02.
              >
              > Please tell me the comand i have to use if The Linkstation is connected
              > by Crossover-Cable to a Windows-XP-PC.

              The web interface on the LS will tell you the firmware version
              (Maintenance >> System Status). But of course if you buy a newer LS
              with the 2.x firmware, you cannot (as you say above) put older (1.x)
              firmware on it.

              Dave Kristol
            • Jonathan Schott
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
                zju33173 schrieb:
                > ich habe vor einigen Tagen über www.ble-computer.de eine
                > bestellt, die 1.44 Firmware enthielt. Normalerweise sieht
                > man im Status des Web-Config, welche Version enthalten ist.

                #-) Oh Mann, warum einfach, wenn's auch umständlich geht... (Siehe meine
                Antwort!) *g*

                Gruß,
                Jonathan
              • Paul Milligan (home)
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
                  I couldn't have put it better myself!

                  zju33173 wrote: I ordered some days ago over www.ble computer.de one, which contained 1,44 firmware. Normally one sees in the status of the Web Config, which version is contained. # -) Oh man, why simply, wenn's also pedantically goes... (see my answer!) * g * Greeting, Jonathan

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
                    Paul Milligan (home) schrieb:
                    > I couldn't have put it better myself!
                    >
                    > zju33173 wrote: I ordered some days ago over www.ble computer.de one,
                    > which contained 1,44 firmware. Normally one sees in the status of the
                    > Web Config, which version is contained. # -) Oh man, why simply, wenn's
                    > also pedantically goes... (see my answer!) * g * Greeting, Jonathan

                    Sorry for the german intermezzo... :-) Nice translation, by the way!
                    ;-)) Babelfish striked again!?!

                    Jonathan
                  • Paul Milligan (home)
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 31, 2005
                      Thank you for having a sense of  humour ;)

                      You want to see how Bablefish translates Japanese!