Re: Apache Server on LinkStation - Firewall?

  • natfairbanks
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 30, 2005
      I'm running my linkstation behind a hardware firewall/router (linksys
      wrt54g) with port forwarding set up. I also use nmap to double check
      that the settings only open the ports I want to the network I want.
      I'm sure there are others with fairly loaded linkstation/kurobox
      setups, the forums and wiki at
      http://www.kurobox.com/forums/ and
      http://www.kurobox.com/online/tiki-index.php have been very helpful.
      Thanks for the comments on the gallery, it's a stock install of the
      http://gallery.menalto.com/ software.

      The most memory intensive tools have been MySQL and Apache, although
      other software that runs multiple instances have to be configured to
      run fewer instances as well. Set the number of spare servers and max
      servers down fairly now, don't compile in features you don't need and
      everything should work fine. The way my system is set up now I
      haven't noticed any swapping, there's usually 8-16MB of free ram.

      I haven't been to Fairbanks, Alaska, but I'm in New Hampshire, which
      does get plenty of ice and snow. Not as bad as Alaska I guess, since
      there are only a couple of days a year you'd leave your car running.

      -Nat

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Frenchy "