Re: New Member Have a Question

  • ixlr8a67
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29 10:33 PM
      John,
      New to Linkstation, can you point me to some How To's and maybe where
      I can get what I need for the conversion? Thanks Again.

      ixlr8a67

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "johnnypirish"
      <irishjohnnyp-boards@y...> wrote:

      > You can convert your linkstation to Kurobox and use Samba. Using
      > webmin you can set-up home folders where ever you want. I did
      > exactly the same thing as you. I have an external usb harddrive
      > with a UserData directory with each person underneath that directory.
      >
      > John
      >

      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ixlr8a67"
      > <ixlr8a67@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello All,
      > > Recently purchaed a linkstation 160 to use in a small computer lab
      > > invironment, this is what I would like to do, but can't seem to
      > figure
      > > out how.
      > > Background info.
      > > Six computers in a XP Pro workgroup, I want to have all user files
      > > saved to private folders on Linkstation, but all under a directory
      > > called UserData. I have diffrent people all loging into the six
      > pc's
      > > with the same username. It is a resource center with no assigned
      > > stations.
      > >
      > > 1. How to I create shared folders under a root directory folder?
      > Ex.
      > > I want to have a folder called UserData on the root of the
      > > Linkstation, and individual user directories, that are pasword
      > > protected for each user. That way I can map the UserData
      > directory in
      > > WinXP Pro and have the students click on their directory to save or
      > > retrieve files.
      > >
      > > 2. I also would like to use the FTP function with the above setup,
      > Is
      > > that posible?
      > >
      > > Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
      > > ixlr8a67@y...
    • irvine_stock
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 29 11:14 PM
        Switch Linkstation into an Kuro Box with this Tut:
        http://www.kurobox.com/online/tiki-index.php?
        page=Turn+your+Linkstation+into+a+Kuro+Box