LinkStation Disk Image on Kuro Box?

  • maeuropa
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2005
      Hello!

      I'm a new Kuro Box owner and have loaded up the software that came
      with it on it and converted the UI to English. While it has most of
      the Linkstation functionality there are a few things that are missing
      from it (at least as far as I can tell). I was wondering if someone
      could tell me if I could load the LinkStation CD Image (available from
      the Buffalo Tech website) onto the Kuro Box. If so, is there anything
      special I would have to do before hand (like update the firmware,
      etc.). Thanks ahead of time!
    • irvine_stock
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2005
        No you can't use the LS CD image with the KuroBox.
        The Updater and Backup included on the CD only work with the LS.
        The software looks for specific Product ID and only responds if its
        correct.
        Updating the firmware does not always allow functionality to be
        added to a Kuro or LS. The firmware in flash restricts some stuff
        like USB drivers etc.
        Rich
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "maeuropa"
        <maeuropa@y...>