SoftSqueeze

  • morituri64
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 25, 2005
      Hello,

      Hope someone out there has an answer for me. Just installed SlimServer
      onto my LS120. Had some problems with it reporting that some perl
      modules were not installed but got them off these excelent pages and
      it all seems to be working.

      I've downloaded 1.17 of softsqueeze, it seems to find the slimserver
      and the slimserver recognises the softsqueeze, but there is no display
      on the softsqueeze and no music is played.

      Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong or what to fix?

      Thanks
    • ashnak65
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 26, 2005
        Hi There,
        Just been browsing for some other stuff re LS and i suspect that your
        Perl Libraries are the wrong version - there is a nice little HowTo
        listed at http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html

        Hope this helps ....

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "morituri64"
        <morituri32@h...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Hope someone out there has an answer for me. Just installed
        SlimServer
        > onto my LS120. Had some problems with it reporting that some perl
        > modules were not installed but got them off these excelent pages and
        > it all seems to be working.
        >
        > I've downloaded 1.17 of softsqueeze, it seems to find the slimserver
        > and the slimserver recognises the softsqueeze, but there is no
        display
        > on the softsqueeze and no music is played.
        >
        > Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong or what to fix?
        >
        > Thanks
      • morituri64
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 26, 2005
          No, i'm using perl 5.8.5, the correct perl modules,and the 25th
          nightly build of Slimserer, the link you gave is what i followed to
          install it all.

          The nightly build doesn't have the required perl modules so you have
          to use the others supplied by Marc Field elsewhere in this group.

          Everything seems to be running fine on the LS, so, i don't know what
          else it could be.

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ashnak65" <ashnak65@y...>
          wrote:

          > Hi There,
          > Just been browsing for some other stuff re LS and i suspect that your
          > Perl Libraries are the wrong version - there is a nice little HowTo
          > listed at http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html
          >

          > Hope this helps ....
          >
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "morituri64"
          > <morituri32@h...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > Hope someone out there has an answer for me. Just installed
          > SlimServer
          > > onto my LS120. Had some problems with it reporting that some perl
          > > modules were not installed but got them off these excelent pages and
          > > it all seems to be working.
          > >
          > > I've downloaded 1.17 of softsqueeze, it seems to find the slimserver
          > > and the slimserver recognises the softsqueeze, but there is no
          > display
          > > on the softsqueeze and no music is played.
          > >
          > > Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong or what to fix?
          > >
          > > Thanks
        • ptrck_dxn
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 26, 2005
            Hi

            If you're using the slimserver 25/03/2005 nightly, it's version 6.0
            based and I think you will need a Softsqueeze 2.x version to work with it.

            Use the link in the Server Settings page of slimserver to install
            SoftSqueeze.

            HTH, Patrick

            <morituri32@h...> wrote:

            > No, i'm using perl 5.8.5, the correct perl modules,and the 25th
            > nightly build of Slimserer, the link you gave is what i followed to
            > install it all.
            >
            > The nightly build doesn't have the required perl modules so you have
            > to use the others supplied by Marc Field elsewhere in this group.
            >
            > Everything seems to be running fine on the LS, so, i don't know what
            > else it could be.
            >
            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ashnak65" <ashnak65@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi There,
            > > Just been browsing for some other stuff re LS and i suspect that your
            > > Perl Libraries are the wrong version - there is a nice little HowTo
            > > listed at http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html
            > >

            > > Hope this helps ....
            > >
            > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "morituri64"
            > > <morituri32@h...> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Hello,
            > > >
            > > > Hope someone out there has an answer for me. Just installed
            > > SlimServer
            > > > onto my LS120. Had some problems with it reporting that some perl
            > > > modules were not installed but got them off these excelent pages and
            > > > it all seems to be working.
            > > >
            > > > I've downloaded 1.17 of softsqueeze, it seems to find the slimserver
            > > > and the slimserver recognises the softsqueeze, but there is no
            > > display
            > > > on the softsqueeze and no music is played.
            > > >
            > > > Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong or what to fix?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks
          • morituri64
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 26, 2005
              You were absolutely right, thanks for the help, I am going to have a
              play and see if I want to buy the real thing.

              Thanks for the help.

              --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ptrck_dxn" <patrick@d...>
              wrote:

              > Hi
              >
              > If you're using the slimserver 25/03/2005 nightly, it's version 6.0
              > based and I think you will need a Softsqueeze 2.x version to work
              with it.

              > Use the link in the Server Settings page of slimserver to install
              > SoftSqueeze.
              >
              > HTH, Patrick
              >
              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "morituri64"
              > <morituri32@h...> wrote:
              > >

              > > No, i'm using perl 5.8.5, the correct perl modules,and the 25th
              > > nightly build of Slimserer, the link you gave is what i followed to
              > > install it all.
              > >
              > > The nightly build doesn't have the required perl modules so you have
              > > to use the others supplied by Marc Field elsewhere in this group.
              > >
              > > Everything seems to be running fine on the LS, so, i don't know what
              > > else it could be.
              > >
              > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "ashnak65" <ashnak65@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi There,
              > > > Just been browsing for some other stuff re LS and i suspect that
              your
              > > > Perl Libraries are the wrong version - there is a nice little HowTo
              > > > listed at http://fieldnetworks.com/slim/linkstation.html
              > > >

              > > > Hope this helps ....
              > > >
              > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "morituri64"

              > > > SlimServer

              > > > display

            • Marc D. Field
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 26, 2005
                On 03/26/2005 05:14 AM, morituri64 wrote:

                > No, i'm using perl 5.8.5, the correct perl modules,and the 25th
                > nightly build of Slimserer, the link you gave is what i followed to
                > install it all.
                >
                > The nightly build doesn't have the required perl modules so you have
                > to use the others supplied by Marc Field elsewhere in this group.

                Hi,

                One clarification: Betas later than 6.0b2, and nightly builds from now
                forward all have the required perl modules. No need to download
                and install them separately.

                Marc
              • morituri64
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 27, 2005

                  Just like to say thanks for the effort for putting up the web page. I
                  read that the modules should be included, I used the 25th Nightly and
                  it did work, I looked in the CPAN/arch/.../ppc-linux directory and the
                  files were in an /auto dirctory, i moved them up one level but it did
                  not make a difference. I then installed the modules that you supplied
                  and it worked. Any idea?

                  --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Marc D. Field"
                  <yahoo@f...> wrote:
                  > On 03/26/2005 05:14 AM, morituri64 wrote:
                  > >

                  > > No, i'm using perl 5.8.5, the correct perl modules,and the 25th
                  > > nightly build of Slimserer, the link you gave is what i followed to
                  > > install it all.
                  > >
                  > > The nightly build doesn't have the required perl modules so you have
                  > > to use the others supplied by Marc Field elsewhere in this group.
                  > >

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > One clarification: Betas later than 6.0b2, and nightly builds from now
                  > forward all have the required perl modules. No need to download
                  > and install them separately.
                  >
                  > Marc
                • Marc D. Field
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
                    On 03/27/2005 03:02 AM, morituri64 wrote:
                    > Just like to say thanks for the effort for putting up the web page. I
                    > read that the modules should be included, I used the 25th Nightly and
                    > it did work, I looked in the CPAN/arch/.../ppc-linux directory and the
                    > files were in an /auto dirctory, i moved them up one level but it did
                    > not make a difference. I then installed the modules that you supplied
                    > and it worked. Any idea?

                    No...very strange because the modules I posted in this group are the
                    ones Slim is using too. It should work exactly the same (and it's
                    working perfectly for me) unless they put them in the wrong place in the
                    CPAN directory.

                    Marc