Re: Is there a PC client to test Pcast functionality?

  • cliff_ainsworth
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "gmgrass" <gmgrass@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > If Pcast supports UPNP then the Intel Tools for UPNP Technologies
      > (http://www.intel.com/technology/UPnP/tech.htm#tools) should do
      the
      > job.
      >
      > Try AV Renderer / Media Controller and see if it finds the Media
      > Server (Pcast on the Linkstation).
      >
      > Bye,
      >
      > Georg

      Hi Georg,

      I think that is the problem, this Pcast thing doesn't appear to
      function as a uPnP AV compliant server which is a bummer. I sure
      hope Buffalo do provide a decent open standard uPnP AV server
      implimentation in the not too distant future. I'm no linux guru so
      don't fancy tinkering with the likes of the twonkyserver etc.

      Cliff