Re: [LinkStation_General] Gaining Time ?

  • Paul Milligan (home)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2005
      If you search all messages and look for NTP in the subject field you will find an extensive discussion thread on this subject.

      Unfortunately we lack a wiki to give easy access to accumulated wisdom.

      Paul

      Chris Eastwood wrote:

      Hi All

      I'm the proud owner of a LS200 - and thanks to M Field, I now have
      slimserver 5.4 running nicely on it.

      However, I've noticed that the LS seems to be 'gaining' in time - as
      if the clock is running fast - in one day, it gets about 5 minutes
      ahead. I wouldn't normally mind, but the SlimP3 player is the only
      object in my living room that has a clock on it :-)

      Any ideas ?

      I've tried various different time servers via the web/config
      interface - but that only updates once a day - I think I may need to
      update at least 4 times a day if they 'time-gain' is this much.....
      which brings me onto my main point (sorry to ramble) - can any unix
      bods out there tell me how to accomplish this ?

      I've not used unix for over 10 years (more like 12!) so it's just a
      vague memory of cron/crontab etc (although the slimserver install
      blew some of the dust from my memory).

      Help ?

      Thanks

      Chris