Linkstation ver 2

  • David W.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2004
      After browsing some of the Japanese sites, I read about a new version of
      the HD-HLAN series of Linkstations. If I'm not mistaken, this is the
      same series that's in the US right now except at ver 1.

      Anyway, HD-HLAN v2 has a MIPS CPU (IDT R3000 core) in it instead of
      the usual PPC. This seems to be true for the new 54g wireless
      Linkstation that just came out in Japan.

      Although this shouldn't affect the hackability of the box, I figured
      people might be interested in knowing this. Perhaps Buffalo might
      release v2 in the US too, or even the wireless version.

      - David