Slimserver on Link Station: Modules failed to load

  • matthew114412
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2005
      I followed Marc Field's excellent article about how to install
      SlimServer on the LinkStation.
      I upgraded the LS to 1.45
      I used perl 5.8.5.
      When I came to run SlimServer, I got this message:
      root@SHAREDDRIVE:/mnt/slimserver# ./slimserver.pl --daemon --
      prefsfile /mnt/slim-data/slimserver.pref --cachedir /mnt/slim-data
      The following modules failed to load: DBD::SQLite XML::Parser
      HTML::Parser Compress::Zlib

      This happened with Slimserver 6.0.b3 and 5.4.1

      Can anyone suggest what may have gone wrong and how I could fix it?
      Thanks
      Matthew
    • matthew114412
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2005
        ...now fixed (not sure how, though)

        Matthew

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "matthew114412"
        <serverdad60@h...> wrote:

        > I followed Marc Field's excellent article about how to install
        > SlimServer on the LinkStation.
        > I upgraded the LS to 1.45
        > I used perl 5.8.5.
        > When I came to run SlimServer, I got this message:
        > root@SHAREDDRIVE:/mnt/slimserver# ./slimserver.pl --daemon --
        > prefsfile /mnt/slim-data/slimserver.pref --cachedir /mnt/slim-data
        > The following modules failed to load: DBD::SQLite XML::Parser
        > HTML::Parser Compress::Zlib
        >
        > This happened with Slimserver 6.0.b3 and 5.4.1
        >
        > Can anyone suggest what may have gone wrong and how I could fix it?
        > Thanks
        > Matthew
      • morituri64
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25, 2005
          I have the same problem, have you no idea how you fixed it?