Another newbie with Slimserver startup problems

  • stevenrt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2005
      Ok, I tried searching this message board as well as Google, but didn't
      find any clear answers to my problem.

      I have a Kurobox/HG running the stock linux system that shipped with
      the box. I know there are some minor differences between the Kuro and
      the LS, but for all intensive purposes, I figured those differences
      wouldn't impact the basics such as installing/running Slimserver.

      I installed Slimserver by following the guide created by Marc Field
      (Thank you for doing such an excellent job with the install guide).
      Following Mark's instructions, the install went smoothly and I was
      able to get Slimserver up and running without any problems.

      I then followed the last bit of instructions regarding getting
      Slimserver to start automatically after reboot. I used Mark's
      start-slim.sh script. However, Slimserver failed to start back up
      upon reboot of the Kurobox. I subseqeuntly tried to manually start
      Slimserver, which led to a "segmentation fault" and Slimserver not
      starting.

      I searched for information on Segmentation faults and Slimserver, but
      mostly everything I found dealt with music file/directory issues,
      which I don't believe is my problem. (It apeared that other peoples'
      segmentation problem didn't occur until Slimserver was already up and
      running and then tried to scan the music directory.) In my case,
      Slimserver simply refuses to start. I'm not even sure if the
      segmentation fault is the actual problem. Note that I only had about 5
      songs on my Kurobox in a shared folder, and these played fine after
      the initial install of Slimserver but before the reboot of my Kurobox.

      I've captured and attached some of my telent session, which is
      provided below.

      Any help will be greatly appreciated.
      Steve

      TELNET SESSION CAPTURE
      -------------------------
      Kuroutoshikou KURO-BOX/HG (IESHIGE)
      Linux/ppc 2.4.17_mvl21

      LITTLE-KURO login: root
      Password:
      Linux (none) 2.4.17_mvl21 #24 2004ǯ 10•î 19Æü ²ÐÍËÆü
      17:17:03 JST ppc
      unknown
      root@LITTLE-KURO:~# cd /
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/# ps -A
      PID TTY TIME CMD
      1 ? 00:00:05 init
      2 ? 00:00:00 keventd
      3 ? 00:00:00 ksoftirqd_CPU0
      4 ? 00:00:00 kswapd
      5 ? 00:00:00 bdflush
      6 ? 00:00:00 kupdated
      8 ? 00:00:00 khubd
      10 ? 00:00:00 kjournald
      49 ? 00:00:00 kjournald
      101 ? 00:00:00 dhcpcd
      146 ? 00:00:00 syslogd
      148 ? 00:00:00 klogd
      172 ? 00:00:00 inetd
      175 ? 00:00:00 thttpd
      179 ? 00:00:00 lpd
      184 ? 00:00:00 cron
      196 ? 00:00:00 atalkd
      197 ? 00:00:00 smbd
      199 ? 00:00:00 nmbd
      202 ? 00:00:00 ppc_uartd
      206 ttyS0 00:00:00 getty
      210 ? 00:00:00 afpd
      250 ? 00:00:01 smbd
      253 ? 00:00:00 in.telnetd
      254 pts/0 00:00:00 bash
      258 pts/0 00:00:00 ps
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/# cd /etc/rc.d/rc2.d
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/etc/rc.d/rc2.d# ls
      S01murasaki S20inetd S60lprng S90atalk S95ppc_uartd S99rmlogin
      S20apservd S20thttpd S89cron S91smb S95slimserver
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/etc/rc.d/rc2.d#
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/etc/rc.d/rc2.d# cd /
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/# cd /mnt/slimserver
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/mnt/slimserver# ./slimserver.pl --daemon --prefsfile
      /mnt/slim-data/slimserver.pref --cachedir /mnt/slim-data
      Segmentation fault
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/mnt/slimserver#
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/mnt/slimserver# cd /
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/# ps -A
      PID TTY TIME CMD
      1 ? 00:00:05 init
      2 ? 00:00:00 keventd
      3 ? 00:00:00 ksoftirqd_CPU0
      4 ? 00:00:00 kswapd
      5 ? 00:00:00 bdflush
      6 ? 00:00:00 kupdated
      8 ? 00:00:00 khubd
      10 ? 00:00:00 kjournald
      49 ? 00:00:00 kjournald
      101 ? 00:00:00 dhcpcd
      146 ? 00:00:00 syslogd
      148 ? 00:00:00 klogd
      172 ? 00:00:00 inetd
      175 ? 00:00:00 thttpd
      179 ? 00:00:00 lpd
      184 ? 00:00:00 cron
      196 ? 00:00:00 atalkd
      197 ? 00:00:00 smbd
      199 ? 00:00:00 nmbd
      202 ? 00:00:00 ppc_uartd
      206 ttyS0 00:00:00 getty
      210 ? 00:00:00 afpd
      250 ? 00:00:01 smbd
      253 ? 00:00:00 in.telnetd
      254 pts/0 00:00:00 bash
      261 pts/0 00:00:00 ps
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/#
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/# cd /mnt/slimserver
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/mnt/slimserver# ls
      Bin Firmware IR Plugins convert.conf
      strings.txt
      CPAN Graphics Installation.txt SQL slimp3
      types.conf
      Changelog.html HTML License.txt Slim slimserver.pl
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/mnt/slimserver# cd /
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/# cd /etc/rc.d/rc2.d
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/etc/rc.d/rc2.d# ls
      S01murasaki S20inetd S60lprng S90atalk S95ppc_uartd S99rmlogin
      S20apservd S20thttpd S89cron S91smb S95slimserver
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/etc/rc.d/rc2.d# ./S95slimserver
      panic: pad_alloc at /mnt/slimserver/Slim/Music/Info.pm line 931.
      Compilation failed in require at /mnt/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Misc.pm
      line 15.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
      /mnt/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Misc.pm line 15.
      Compilation failed in require at ./slimserver.pl line 199.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./slimserver.pl line 199.
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/etc/rc.d/rc2.d# cd /
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/# cd /mnt/slim-data
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/mnt/slim-data# ls
      mnt slimserver.pref start-slim.sh
      root@LITTLE-KURO:/mnt/slim-data# ./start-slim.sh
      ./start-slim.sh: line 9: 269 Segmentation fault ./slimserver.pl