Re: External HDD: Incremental Backup? / Power down?

  • haberschnasel
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 2005
      Hmm, USB disks are treated as SCSI under Linux. So no way of using
      hdparm for my purpose. There might be a SCSI-idle Kernel patch for
      this task, but this is too much for me.
      Does anybody know: If I free my IDE disk from the USB case and attach
      it directly to a computer, then I will be able to use hdparm: Will the
      -S setting remain or will it be deleted when I ut it back into the USB
      case and attach it to - say - the linkstation? Think this voids my
      warranty so I better ask if this strategy makes sense.

      Thanks,
      Niels

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "haberschnasel"