Re: Twonky MediaServer web Config and Shoutcast

  • st0yan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2005
      I am using the full version 2.6 on my LinkStation. It has a very small
      footprint which is nice. The bad thing is that it does not work well
      with Netgear MP101. Every now and then the song that currently plays
      will stop and the next song will start after 20-30 secs of silence --
      kind of kills the mood if you are partying. The problem is specific to
      the MP101 (I also have a Linksys player that plays almost perfect with
      the Twonky server) and has been out there since at least version 2.4.
      So far, TwonkyVision has given a bunch of lame excuses for not fixing
      it (TCP/IP stack of MP101 not compatible with Linux, etc.), you can
      check for more info on www.media-servers.com.

      My point is you can save yourself $20 and some dissapointment if you
      use the MP101.

      st0yan

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Frenchy "