Twonky MediaServer web Config and Shoutcast

  • Frenchy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2005
      The lasted trialware (plays for 5Mn max) comes with an executable
      for LS.

      To save you some frustration, if you want to access the web
      interface configurator, make sure you first start the server with
      enableweb=2

      "cd /mnt/media/Server
      ./mediaserver -D -enableweb 2"

      Then open the "twonkyvision-config.html" update and save before the
      trial server times out.

      Note: that if you don't cd to where the executable is, the server
      will create new junk files in whatever Dir your telnet prompt is.

      The error "Can not connect to Shoutcast" originates from missing
      Internet radio favorites. Just disable radio service in the config
      to save resources.

      Overall this server runs all right: cost ~$20
      sam.
    • st0yan
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2005
        I am using the full version 2.6 on my LinkStation. It has a very small
        footprint which is nice. The bad thing is that it does not work well
        with Netgear MP101. Every now and then the song that currently plays
        will stop and the next song will start after 20-30 secs of silence --
        kind of kills the mood if you are partying. The problem is specific to
        the MP101 (I also have a Linksys player that plays almost perfect with
        the Twonky server) and has been out there since at least version 2.4.
        So far, TwonkyVision has given a bunch of lame excuses for not fixing
        it (TCP/IP stack of MP101 not compatible with Linux, etc.), you can
        check for more info on www.media-servers.com.

        My point is you can save yourself $20 and some dissapointment if you
        use the MP101.

        st0yan

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Frenchy "