Re: Slimserver Newbie Question

  • Jonathan Schott
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2005
      Steven schrieb:
      > Having just gone through this, the answer is "The USB drive will have
      > to be formatted after it is connected to the Linkstation"

      I don't agree to this. There are some problems with NTFS partitions (I
      fixed the responsible script, see the "Using an USB disk with a NTFS
      partition on it" thread). But with already existing ext2/ext3/fat32
      there should be no problem. Of course, with NTFS your drive will be
      read-only, with the others you can also write to it.

      > Probably not what you want to hear. The USB drive is also NOT hot
      > swappable on the Linkstation.

      Also, I don't agree! I used several NTFS formatted USB disks and hot
      swapped them on and off and on... no probs (with firmware 1.45).

      Hope this helps,

      Jonathan