nfsd/exportfs question

  • nielswalet
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14 8:31 AM
      I have been able to install the kurobox portmap and nfs without a
      hitch, but if I run exportfs, I get several error messages related to
      /var/lib/nfs/
      Clearly that directory doesn't normally exist, and /var is a symlink
      to a ram file system, so changes appear to be impermanent!
      So my questions are
      1- do I need to run exportfs? the init.d nfs script make reference to
      the exports file, not the program.
      2- is the /var symlink hardwired into the software? Can/should one
      change that (maybe in an init script?)
      3- Can one export subdirectories? I can't mount anything from the box,
      even though rpcinfo indicates nfs is running.
      Niels