  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2005
      I've just ordered a Buffalo Linkstation 250Gb drive and am interested
      in converting it to a Kurobox; however, I've read in the HOWTO:-

      'You will first need to gain root access on your LinkStation? to fix
      the ext2 superblocks modified by Buffalo to prevent the hard drive
      from being mounted by any other linux system than the official firmware.'

      Does this REALLY mean that the LinkStation cannot be mounted as a
      remote network drive by other Linux boxes in my network until the
      superblocks are fixed? How strange...

      Can anyone confirm that they've got their LinkStation to be mounted by
      another Linux box over their network?

      Many thanks,
      cocciag