My router problem fixed

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2004
      Oops, please ignore my last plea for help

      I had attempted to researve the mac address in my router's DHCP
      reservation table, but got it wrong. So my router was rejecting
      packets from that IP address because it didn't match the MAC address.

      Now back to my Debian project ...
    • artagesw
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2004
        James,

        I'd love to help out with your Debian project if I can. I've worked with Red Hat and Yellow
        Dog distributions, but never Debian. I have a hodge-podge running on my LinkStation at
        the moment - enough that it is serving as a full LAMP platform. But updating it with newer
        packages is a HUGE pain.

        I think the most important outcome from this project would be a DETAILED howto guide
        that would take the user from pulling the LinkStation out of the box to a full Debian
        install. Ultimately, a CD image that makes it really easy would be cool as well.

        Send me an email if you'd like to discuss further.

        Sam