Where to find Netatalk configuration script?

  • vanyaedwards
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2005
      Hello everybody!

      I'd like to introduce myself to the group - I'm a Linux illiterate (oh no! not another
      one!) who just bought a Linkstation 250 primarily to use as an iTunes server, but also
      for back ups in a 2 laptop household (Mac & PC). I also intend to buy a Squeezebox
      and install SlimServer software as well but first things first.

      Equipped with charts of Unix and VI commands, Ingo's set-up instructions, and a lot
      of ignorance, I decided to to jump into the fire. I installed mt-daapd-cvs-20050305
      and have few questions about configuration which I'll ask in another post. I then
      unzipped & untarred netatalk 2.0.2 and BerkeleyDB 4.3.27. This is as far as I've
      gotten. I ran into the same problem Marc Bizer did when configuring - Netatalk not
      finding the library files.

      Marc has fix for the bug in Netatalk's configuration script but this is where my
      ignorance comes into play - what is the name of the script file and where do I find it?
      Also, since I have a later version of the libraries, do I simply replace BerkeleyDB.4.2
      with BerkeleyDB.4.3 wherever it occurs?

      Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm literally flying blind here!

      TIA,
      Vanya