Where to put Lame on linkstation

  • brc_pringle
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2005
      Hi

      So far so good - got root access, got slimstart working (thanks
      Daniel), now one last quest !!

      I'm trying to get the lame mp3 conversion for my flac collection to
      work properly on the linkstation - I think its a case of putting the
      files in the right location, so I've put lame.exe and lame_enc.dll
      into /usr/local/slimserver/Bin but I'm still getting the binary not
      found error message when I tick the flac/lame option in the web interface.

      Any help would be much appreciated.

      Bruce
    • brc_pringle
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2005
        ok, found a linux binary for lame and put that in the slimserver/Bin
        folder, the slimserver recognises lame being there but when I try to
        play flac files it just skips through all of them without a sound. I
        checked the debug source output and it goes to the end of the file
        with an error on socket.

        Does anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong ?

        Thanks

        Bruce

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "brc_pringle"