Can't telnet

  • 88
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2005
      hi

      I have a linkstation HD-HG120LAN. I used port 23 to telnet.
      But my linkstation always refused my connect.

      Anyone can help me to telnet into my linkstation?
    • Dave Kristol
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2005
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "88" <brad00888@y...> wrote:

        > hi
        >
        > I have a linkstation HD-HG120LAN. I used port 23 to telnet.
        > But my linkstation always refused my connect.
        >
        > Anyone can help me to telnet into my linkstation?

        Telnet is enabled only on the 1.44 and 1.45 firmware versions. If you
        have some other version, there's no telnet. You'd need to do a
        firmware upgrade to one of those versions.

        Dave Kristol
      • 88
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 13, 2005
          Hi everyone ~~

          I have a Linkstation 120GB. When I try telnet into this machine,my
          Linkstation always refuse my connect. I used port 22 and 23.

          Can anyone help me???

          THNAKS ~~~~ ^^
        • 88
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 13, 2005
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kristol"
            <o8l4febh@y...> wrote:

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "88" <brad00888@y...>
            wrote:

            > > hi
            > >
            > > I have a linkstation HD-HG120LAN. I used port 23 to telnet.
            > > But my linkstation always refused my connect.
            > >
            > > Anyone can help me to telnet into my linkstation?
            >
            > Telnet is enabled only on the 1.44 and 1.45 firmware versions. If
            you
            > have some other version, there's no telnet. You'd need to do a
            > firmware upgrade to one of those versions.
            >
            > Dave Kristol

            OH I see,thanks a lot
          • 88
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 16, 2005
              <o8l4febh@y...> wrote:

              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "88" <brad00888@y...>
              wrote:

              > > hi
              > >
              > > I have a linkstation HD-HG120LAN. I used port 23 to telnet.
              > > But my linkstation always refused my connect.
              > >
              > > Anyone can help me to telnet into my linkstation?
              >
              > Telnet is enabled only on the 1.44 and 1.45 firmware versions. If
              you
              > have some other version, there's no telnet. You'd need to do a
              > firmware upgrade to one of those versions.
              >
              > Dave Kristol

              sorry but when i upgrade 1.44 and 1.45 firmware. I still can not
              telnet into my linkstation.
            • Dave Kristol
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 16, 2005
                --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "88" <brad00888@y...> wrote:

                > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kristol"
                > <o8l4febh@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "88" <brad00888@y...>
                > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > hi
                > > >
                > > > I have a linkstation HD-HG120LAN. I used port 23 to telnet.
                > > > But my linkstation always refused my connect.
                > > >
                > > > Anyone can help me to telnet into my linkstation?
                > >
                > > Telnet is enabled only on the 1.44 and 1.45 firmware versions. If
                > you
                > > have some other version, there's no telnet. You'd need to do a
                > > firmware upgrade to one of those versions.
                > >
                > > Dave Kristol
                >
                > sorry but when i upgrade 1.44 and 1.45 firmware. I still can not
                > telnet into my linkstation.

                Assuming you want to pursue this further, you have to say more. What
                *exactly* did you do? What response did you get from the LS?

                You need to create users via the LS web interface. You then use the
                username and password from one such account as the corresponding
                information for the telnet login.

                Dave Kristol
              • 88
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 16, 2005
                  <o8l4febh@y...> wrote:

                  > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "88" <brad00888@y...>
                  wrote:

                  > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kristol"
                  > > <o8l4febh@y...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "88"
                  <brad00888@y...>

                  > > > Telnet is enabled only on the 1.44 and 1.45 firmware
                  versions. If
                  > > you
                  > > > have some other version, there's no telnet. You'd need to do a
                  > > > firmware upgrade to one of those versions.
                  > > >
                  > > > Dave Kristol
                  > >
                  > > sorry but when i upgrade 1.44 and 1.45 firmware. I still can not
                  > > telnet into my linkstation.
                  >
                  > Assuming you want to pursue this further, you have to say more.
                  What
                  > *exactly* did you do? What response did you get from the LS?
                  >
                  > You need to create users via the LS web interface. You then use
                  the
                  > username and password from one such account as the corresponding
                  > information for the telnet login.
                  >
                  > Dave Kristol

                  haha, a stupid reason. i did not add any user on my LS.

                  sorry .

                  thank for your help.
                • whoisnader
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 16, 2005
                    I have version 1.46 with telnet access. Go through some of the older
                    postings on how to do this.