Re: Slimserver startup file settings

  • Joe Polk
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
      I get "access denied" to the directory with that login.

      <<JAV>>

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "brc_pringle"
      <brucepringle@h...> wrote:

      > thanks Daniel, I'll give it a shot tonight. Appreciate the advice -
      > its been great to get the linkstation up n running last few days!
      >
      > Bruce
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "born_daniel"
      > <born_daniel@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Ok, I've modified my script in the files section to be a little
      > more
      > > forgiving.
      > > I made the default user "root" (same as not specifying any user on
      > > the command line) so people can change it to something else later
      > > after they've setup their own users for it (although people who
      > will
      > > set up their own slimserver users will probably not need my
      > script! ;)
      > >
      > > Also, I've removed that check for a missing config file. It only
      > > checks for an executable to run now.
      > >
      > > Hope this helps,
      > > Daniel
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "born_daniel"
      > > <born_daniel@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks Dave, that's exactly right...
      > > > I guess my script is not very forgiving for first time
      > setups... ;-)
      > > >
      > > > Bruce, you could make that line:
      > > > [ -x $SLIMSERVER_BIN ] || exit 1
      > > > instead and it would work fine. Since slimserver will create a
      > new
      > > > config file if none exists, there's no real need to abort if none
      > > is
      > > > found...
      > > >
      > > > Best Regards,
      > > > Daniel
      > > >
      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kristol"

      > stuff
      > > > so the
      > in /etc/,
      > > is

      > > file
      > indicate
      > > > failure.

    • born_daniel
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
        Joe,

        Please be a little more explicit, I have no idea what you are talking
        about... ;-)

        Daniel

        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Polk" <jav1231@y...>