Re: Slimserver startup file settings

  • brc_pringle
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
      thanks Daniel, I'll give it a shot tonight. Appreciate the advice -
      its been great to get the linkstation up n running last few days!

      Bruce

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "born_daniel"
      <born_daniel@y...> wrote:

      > Ok, I've modified my script in the files section to be a little
      more
      > forgiving.
      > I made the default user "root" (same as not specifying any user on
      > the command line) so people can change it to something else later
      > after they've setup their own users for it (although people who
      will
      > set up their own slimserver users will probably not need my
      script! ;)

      > Also, I've removed that check for a missing config file. It only
      > checks for an executable to run now.
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      > Daniel
      >
      > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "born_daniel"
      > <born_daniel@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks Dave, that's exactly right...
      > > I guess my script is not very forgiving for first time
      setups... ;-)

      > > Bruce, you could make that line:
      > > [ -x $SLIMSERVER_BIN ] || exit 1
      > > instead and it would work fine. Since slimserver will create a
      new
      > > config file if none exists, there's no real need to abort if none
      > is
      > > found...
      > >
      > > Best Regards,
      > > Daniel
      > >
      > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kristol"
      > > <o8l4febh@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "brc_pringle"

      > > so the
      > is
      > > >
      > > > That line tests ([...]) that there is an executable (-x) binary
      > > > ($SLIMSERVER_BIN) and (-a) that there's a readable (-f) config
      > file
      > > > ($SLIMSERVER_CFG). Otherwise (||) it exits with a 1 to
      indicate
      > > failure.
      > > >
      > > > I'm going to guess that the value for at least one of those two
      > > > environment variables is wrong.
      > > >
      > > > Dave Kristol
    • Joe Polk
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
        I get "access denied" to the directory with that login.

        <<JAV>>

        <brucepringle@h...> wrote:

        > thanks Daniel, I'll give it a shot tonight. Appreciate the advice -
        > its been great to get the linkstation up n running last few days!
        >
        > Bruce
        >
        > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "born_daniel"
        > <born_daniel@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Ok, I've modified my script in the files section to be a little
        > more
        > > forgiving.
        > > I made the default user "root" (same as not specifying any user on
        > > the command line) so people can change it to something else later
        > > after they've setup their own users for it (although people who
        > will
        > > set up their own slimserver users will probably not need my
        > script! ;)
        > >
        > > Also, I've removed that check for a missing config file. It only
        > > checks for an executable to run now.
        > >
        > > Hope this helps,
        > > Daniel
        > >
        > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "born_daniel"
        > > <born_daniel@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Thanks Dave, that's exactly right...
        > > > I guess my script is not very forgiving for first time
        > setups... ;-)
        > > >
        > > > Bruce, you could make that line:
        > > > [ -x $SLIMSERVER_BIN ] || exit 1
        > > > instead and it would work fine. Since slimserver will create a
        > new
        > > > config file if none exists, there's no real need to abort if none
        > > is
        > > > found...
        > > >
        > > > Best Regards,
        > > > Daniel
        > > >
        > > > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Kristol"

        > stuff
        > > > so the
        > in /etc/,
        > > is

        > > file
        > indicate
        > > > failure.

      • born_daniel
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2005
          Joe,

          Please be a little more explicit, I have no idea what you are talking
          about... ;-)

          Daniel

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Polk" <jav1231@y...>