Re: Time issues

  • ak6dn
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2005
      For this script to run correctly (on either the LS or the Kuro) the
      NTP support package (which contains /usr/sbin/tickadj) needs to be
      untar'ed and installed. I had forgotten that I did this prior to
      developing and testing the script, so I incorrectly assumed that
      'tickadj' was a standard LS/Kuro program (and it is not).

      So you need to download http://www.revogear.com/downloads/binary.zip
      and extract tne 'ntp-4.0.99g.tar.gz' file, then install it like 'tar
      xvzf ntp-4.0.99g.tar.gz -C /'.

      You should then be able to have 'which tickadj' return
      '/usr/sbin/tickadj'.

      I should probably fix the script to check for a missing tickadj
      program and output these instructions if not found ...

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Michael T Granito Jr