Re: [LinkStation_General] Re: Problem with Netatalk instructions/ problems compiling

  • Iain Stevenson
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 27, 2005
      This may be irrelevant but .... I've had real problems getting Netatalk 2
      running on another ppc platform (Mac). It was a major PITA with the
      printer driver exhibiting a major memory leak which led to a system hang
      (so don't run it :-). I've also seen netatalk hang during startup. Going
      back to an old version may be the only solution.

      Iain

      --On Saturday, February 26, 2005 12:11 pm -0600 Marc Bizer
      <mbizer@...> wrote:

      > On 2/26/05 at 5:40 PM +0000, troyaw2000 wrote:
      >> Did you see my last post with the sublct of "Is my Linkstation a
      >> Brick".
      >
      > I did, but I'm trying to figure out what went wrong with my
      > instructions. There has been a lot of mail on this list about what to
      > do when one's Linkstation becomes a "brick."
      >
      > --Marc
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Marc Bizer
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 27, 2005
        On 2/27/05 at 10:55 AM +0000, Iain Stevenson wrote:
        >This may be irrelevant but .... I've had real problems getting
        >Netatalk 2 running on another ppc platform (Mac).

        Why would you *run* Netatalk 2 on the Mac? It has AppleTalk built in!

        --Marc
      • Iain Stevenson
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 27, 2005
          --On Sunday, February 27, 2005 8:13 am -0600 Marc Bizer
          <mbizer@...> wrote:

          > On 2/27/05 at 10:55 AM +0000, Iain Stevenson wrote:
          >> This may be irrelevant but .... I've had real problems getting
          >> Netatalk 2 running on another ppc platform (Mac).
          >
          > Why would you *run* Netatalk 2 on the Mac? It has AppleTalk built in!
          >
          > --Marc

          .... If it's your home network Linux server :-)

          Iain