Re-2: [LinkStation_General] Re: wakeup on lan program for linkstation to start other PCs

  • buffalo_linkstation@m-r-d.de
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2005
      Hi Tim,

      thanks. I tried the Tool WakeOnLan-0.41 from José Pedro Oliveira. And what shall i say, it works.
      Of course i had to install a full Perl. I found it in the Kuro binary.zip.

      I am thinking of starting the script within the startprocess instead runnig it with a cron job.

      Creating a symbolic link of my shellscript within the folder rc5.d does not work. Any idea.

      Matthias

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 26, 2005
        buffalo_linkstation@... wrote:

        > thanks. I tried the Tool WakeOnLan-0.41 from José Pedro Oliveira. And what shall i say, it works.
        > Of course i had to install a full Perl. I found it in the Kuro binary.zip.

        You're welcome!

        > I am thinking of starting the script within the startprocess instead runnig it with a cron job.
        >
        > Creating a symbolic link of my shellscript within the folder rc5.d does not work. Any idea.

        Yes, the LinkStation's default runlevel is 2. :)

        So, you want to put the link in "rc2.d".

        - Tim