Re: Problem with Netatalk instructions/ problems compiling

  • troyaw2000
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 26, 2005
      Marc,
      Did you see my last post with the sublct of "Is my Linkstation a
      Brick". I think I really messed it up. I am installing linux on a
      spare computer right now so I can look at the drive.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Marc Bizer <mbizer@m...>
      wrote:
      > On 2/26/05 at 2:10 AM +0000, troyaw2000 wrote:
      > >Bad news. After the making and installing was done I followed the
      > >rest of the doc and finally started netatalk. There was an error
      > >basically staitng that it was already running.
      >
      > Did you stop netatalk 1.6.4 before starting 2.0.2?
      >
      > If problems arise, I thought that resetting the unit would restore
      > the setup to the initial config :-(
      >
      > --Marc
    • Marc Bizer
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 26, 2005
        On 2/26/05 at 5:40 PM +0000, troyaw2000 wrote:
        >Did you see my last post with the sublct of "Is my Linkstation a
        >Brick".

        I did, but I'm trying to figure out what went wrong with my
        instructions. There has been a lot of mail on this list about what to
        do when one's Linkstation becomes a "brick."

        --Marc
      • Iain Stevenson
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 27, 2005
          This may be irrelevant but .... I've had real problems getting Netatalk 2
          running on another ppc platform (Mac). It was a major PITA with the
          printer driver exhibiting a major memory leak which led to a system hang
          (so don't run it :-). I've also seen netatalk hang during startup. Going
          back to an old version may be the only solution.

          Iain

          --On Saturday, February 26, 2005 12:11 pm -0600 Marc Bizer
          <mbizer@...> wrote:

          > On 2/26/05 at 5:40 PM +0000, troyaw2000 wrote:
          >> Did you see my last post with the sublct of "Is my Linkstation a
          >> Brick".
          >
          > I did, but I'm trying to figure out what went wrong with my
          > instructions. There has been a lot of mail on this list about what to
          > do when one's Linkstation becomes a "brick."
          >
          > --Marc
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Marc Bizer
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 27, 2005
            On 2/27/05 at 10:55 AM +0000, Iain Stevenson wrote:
            >This may be irrelevant but .... I've had real problems getting
            >Netatalk 2 running on another ppc platform (Mac).

            Why would you *run* Netatalk 2 on the Mac? It has AppleTalk built in!

            --Marc
          • Iain Stevenson
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 27, 2005
              --On Sunday, February 27, 2005 8:13 am -0600 Marc Bizer
              <mbizer@...> wrote:

              > On 2/27/05 at 10:55 AM +0000, Iain Stevenson wrote:
              >> This may be irrelevant but .... I've had real problems getting
              >> Netatalk 2 running on another ppc platform (Mac).
              >
              > Why would you *run* Netatalk 2 on the Mac? It has AppleTalk built in!
              >
              > --Marc

              .... If it's your home network Linux server :-)

              Iain