slimserver on the linkstation?

  • jamy1975
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2004
      In installed perl from the Kuro box binaries and tried to run
      slimserver after decompressing from the tr.gz archive. When I try to
      run it I get a message saying that the config.pm is missing.

      Anyone have any idea, what to do about this? Or does anyone have a
      tutorial on installing slimserver on the linkstation?

      TIA
    • Thom Mason
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 28, 2004
        I was able to run slimserver from the command line (version 5.3.1
        installed from the slimdevices tar.gz file) without any troubles.
        This was on a Linkstation after untaring the Kurobox perl binaries.
        I didn't do anything special or clever - it just worked. Sorry I
        can't be of more help.

        It was very slow scanning the archive but otherwise worked fine.
        --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jamy1975" <jamy@b...>
        wrote:

        > In installed perl from the Kuro box binaries and tried to run
        > slimserver after decompressing from the tr.gz archive. When I try
        > run it I get a message saying that the config.pm is missing.
        >
        > Anyone have any idea, what to do about this? Or does anyone have a
        > tutorial on installing slimserver on the linkstation?
        >
        > TIA
      • jamy1975
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 28, 2004
          Did you put the slimserver files in any particular directory?

          Thanks

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Thom Mason"
          <t.e.mason@c...> wrote:

          > I was able to run slimserver from the command line (version 5.3.1
          > installed from the slimdevices tar.gz file) without any troubles.
          > This was on a Linkstation after untaring the Kurobox perl binaries.
          > I didn't do anything special or clever - it just worked. Sorry I
          > can't be of more help.
          >
          > It was very slow scanning the archive but otherwise worked fine.
          > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jamy1975" <jamy@b...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > In installed perl from the Kuro box binaries and tried to run
          > > slimserver after decompressing from the tr.gz archive. When I try
          > > run it I get a message saying that the config.pm is missing.
          > >
          > > Anyone have any idea, what to do about this? Or does anyone have a
          > > tutorial on installing slimserver on the linkstation?
          > >
          > > TIA
        • jamy1975
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
            Where did you untar the perl binaries to?

            By defualt perl appears to be in /usr/share/perl/5.6.1 , there are
            just a few modules in there.

            When I untar, the Kuro perl binary creates a usr directory. Did you
            just untar to /usr/share/perl/5.6.1 placing the entire usr direcorty
            there?

            <t.e.mason@c...> wrote:

            > I was able to run slimserver from the command line (version 5.3.1
            > installed from the slimdevices tar.gz file) without any troubles.
            > This was on a Linkstation after untaring the Kurobox perl binaries.
            > I didn't do anything special or clever - it just worked. Sorry I
            > can't be of more help.
            >
            > It was very slow scanning the archive but otherwise worked fine.
            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jamy1975" <jamy@b...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > In installed perl from the Kuro box binaries and tried to run
            > > slimserver after decompressing from the tr.gz archive. When I try
            > > run it I get a message saying that the config.pm is missing.
            > >
            > > Anyone have any idea, what to do about this? Or does anyone have a
            > > tutorial on installing slimserver on the linkstation?
            > >
            > > TIA
          • jamy1975
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
              I finally got it to work.. I had been trying to untar the perl binary
              to /usr/share/perl

              I finally got it to work by untaring the kuro perl.tar binary to /usr

              <t.e.mason@c...> wrote:

              > I was able to run slimserver from the command line (version 5.3.1
              > installed from the slimdevices tar.gz file) without any troubles.
              > This was on a Linkstation after untaring the Kurobox perl binaries.
              > I didn't do anything special or clever - it just worked. Sorry I
              > can't be of more help.
              >
              > It was very slow scanning the archive but otherwise worked fine.
              > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "jamy1975" <jamy@b...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > In installed perl from the Kuro box binaries and tried to run
              > > slimserver after decompressing from the tr.gz archive. When I try
              > > run it I get a message saying that the config.pm is missing.
              > >
              > > Anyone have any idea, what to do about this? Or does anyone have a
              > > tutorial on installing slimserver on the linkstation?
              > >
              > > TIA
            • Thom Mason
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 30, 2004
                I moved /usr/share/perl/5.6.1 to /usr/share/perl/old5.6.1 (just in
                case I screwed something up). I then untar'd the Kuroboc tarball
                in /opt and copied the /opt/usr/share/perl/5.6.1
                to /usr/share/perl/5.6.1. Once I verified the Linkstation web
                interface was still OK I deleted old5.6.1