Re: TwonkyVision Media/MusicServer Issues / Questions

  • stratmoens
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2005
      With Windows Media Player On2Share (www.on2share.com) was what I was
      using. With further testing On2Share is unable to stream from
      itself - it has a server built in as well.

      Using Nero's ShowTime everything works correctly. I'm streaming MP4
      video to two PC's right now with zero problems. Mediaserver is using
      less than 1% on average given that it isn't transcoding and the
      format helps as well.

      Another problem with On2Share is that it takes a very (5-10min) long
      time to build the playlists prior to presenting them to
      WindowsMedia. Nero presents the playlists on the fly, thus if you
      have a large number of MP3's or other media files this makes a big
      difference.

      Another thing that works well is providing internet "radio"
      streaming.

      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "mhite" <mhite@y...>