Firmware Downloads

  • pbinks
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 23, 2005
      I know a few people have found my firmware downloads from a previous
      thread as there have been 15 downloads in the last 24 hours, but I
      wanted to post a link to the downloads for all to see.

      Firmware 1.44 1.45 and 1.46 are available for download from
      http://lsfiles.co.uk (LinkStation files). More files and content
      will be added as my time permits. Please let me know if there are
      any files you think may be of benefit to others in this yahoo group.

      Paul
    • Tim Lewis
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2005
        pbinks wrote:

        > Firmware 1.44 1.45 and 1.46 are available for download from
        > http://lsfiles.co.uk (LinkStation files). More files and content
        > will be added as my time permits. Please let me know if there are
        > any files you think may be of benefit to others in this yahoo group.

        If you use BitTorrent, I'm running a tracker here: http://spurp.mine.nu:6969

        Likewise, if anyone wants additional content, please let me know.

        - Tim
      • hirschcom
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 24, 2005
          Hi,
          on wich firmware have i root access ???

          --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Tim Lewis <spurp@c...> wrote:
          > pbinks wrote:
          > >
          > > Firmware 1.44 1.45 and 1.46 are available for download from
          > > http://lsfiles.co.uk (LinkStation files). More files and content
          > > will be added as my time permits. Please let me know if there are
          > > any files you think may be of benefit to others in this yahoo group.
          >
          > If you use BitTorrent, I'm running a tracker here:
          http://spurp.mine.nu:6969

          > Likewise, if anyone wants additional content, please let me know.
          >
          > - Tim
        • born_daniel
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 24, 2005
            On 1.44 & 1.45 (up to 1.45.13)

            Daniel
            --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "hirschcom" <mail@d...>
            wrote:

            > Hi,
            > on wich firmware have i root access ???
            >

            > --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, Tim Lewis <spurp@c...>
            wrote:
            > > pbinks wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Firmware 1.44 1.45 and 1.46 are available for download from
            > > > http://lsfiles.co.uk (LinkStation files). More files and
            content
            > > > will be added as my time permits. Please let me know if there
            are
            > > > any files you think may be of benefit to others in this yahoo
            group.

            > > If you use BitTorrent, I'm running a tracker here:
            > http://spurp.mine.nu:6969
            > >
            > > Likewise, if anyone wants additional content, please let me know.
            > >
            > > - Tim
          • Tim Lewis
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 24, 2005
              hirschcom wrote:

              > Hi,
              > on wich firmware have i root access ???

              None of them. There is a root *exploit* on
              all firmware up to and including 1.45_13.

              - Tim
            • born_daniel
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 25, 2005
                Tim, you're right... When I read "root access" my brain automatically
                translated that to "telnet access"... :-)

                Daniel

                wrote:
                > hirschcom wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi,
                > > on wich firmware have i root access ???
                >
                > None of them. There is a root *exploit* on
                > all firmware up to and including 1.45_13.
                >
                > - Tim
              • Tim Lewis
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 25, 2005
                  born_daniel wrote:

                  > Tim, you're right... When I read "root access" my brain automatically
                  > translated that to "telnet access"... :-)

                  Hey Daniel! Funny part is I replyed to hirschcom before I read your
                  message. Easy mistake to make, though, since that is usually the
                  question.

                  Back on topic: I'm looking critically at later versions of the
                  software for another exploit. I have not been successful yet,
                  so it looks like the only way to root those versions currently is
                  to take apart the box.

                  - Tim