Re: Installation on Fedora Core 3

  • Dave Kristol
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2005
      --- In LinkStation_General@yahoogroups.com, "Keshav Deshpande"
      <deshkesh@m...> wrote:

      > Hiya there:
      >
      > I am trying to setup my 250G Linkstation on my PC running Fedora Linux
      > Core 3.
      >
      > I was wondering if anybody out there had a write up or had prior
      > experience in doing such a thing.

      What exactly do you mean by "setup my 250G Linkstation on my PC..."?
      Do you mean "Use a Linux system to configure your Linkstation?" If
      so, it's easy -- use any web browser to connect to the LS's configured
      address. (What that address *is* may be harder to figure out,
      depending on your network.) And to connect to a share, you click on
      (I think it is) the Network Servers button. The rest should be
      relatively obvious.

      One caveat: In my experience (I use Linux and an LS160), the only
      thing you can do from Linux in this way is copy files to/from the
      share. You can't (well, *I* can't) actually open files on the share
      directly.

      It is possible to install and run NFS on the LS. I'm working on a Howto.

      Dave Kristol